A Solid Team That Will Protect Your Interests
Driggers, Schultz & Herbst of Troy, Michigan, is a client-focused law firm with decades of experience serving clients for a variety of legal needs. We are skilled and dedicated, and we will work tirelessly for you to achieve the best results possible in matters ranging from business, commercial and employment law on one hand, to medical malpractice, personal injury and aviation law on the other.
We are a local firm with a national presence. We know the region and know the people. Driggers is an established part of this community. Our attorneys can provide legal guidance in matters such as business disputes, business negotiations and estate planning as well as tax and wealth management matters. We will do our best to protect your interests and accomplish the goals that you expect.
We Serve Clients In A Variety Of Legal Matters
With a solid team of attorneys, Driggers, Schultz & Herbst will answer your questions, explain the legal options, and help you maneuver through the sometimes intimidating and confusing legal system. We are devoted to you and expect to achieve the legal results that you want. We have litigation experience and are not afraid to take a case to trial. Our team has served clients in a number of cases, including those related to:
- Business law: This category includes business transactions, real estate transactions, partnership/shareholder litigation, loan workouts, products liability defense and contract disputes.
- Estate planning: We can provide advice and guidance on business succession and estate and trust administration.
- Employment law: The members of this group help employers and employees identify and implement the balance of financial, legal and humanistic consideration for their highly individualized situations. The services include developing policies and strategies to minimize risks associated with the employment relationship or providing guidance in attempting to resolve or litigating workplace disputes. They also help individuals address concerns relating to their past, present or prospective employment.
- Medical malpractice: We have worked on cases ranging from surgical errors and medication mistakes to childbirth injuries and improper diagnosis.
- Personal injury and wrongful death: This category broadly includes the injuries and losses a person (and often their family members) suffers as the result of another’s negligent or reckless behavior. Attorneys in our firm routinely represent victims of automobile and trucking accidents as well as complex premises liability injuries.
- Aviation law, aviation personal injury and wrongful death: Our aviation attorney is board certified in aviation law by The Florida Bar. Board certification recognizes special knowledge, skill sets and proficiency in area of legal specialty. In addition to his board certification, our aviation attorney is an FAA certificated commercial pilot and flight instructor.
Hotel and resort matters: Our injury attorneys also have substantial experience representing hotel and resort guests who are seriously injured when basic safety practices and protocols are disregarded. We also represent cruise line passengers injured while aboard ship or on cruiseline-sponsored passenger shore excursions.
Encompassing a diverse range of practices areas, including personal injury and wrongful death claims on behalf of passengers (and their families) during airline or general aviation travel; lawsuits arising under the Montreal Convention; aircraft transactional work like purchase, sales and dry leases; or defense of regulatory enforcement work before the National Transportation Safety Board (“NTSB”), we provide effective advocacy and legal representation.
We are held in high esteem by our legal peers. Several of our attorneys have received the highest peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, known as AV Preeminent.* In addition, many of our lawyers rank among the Detroit metro-area’s top lawyers. To learn more about our lawyers, click the links below:
- Daniel R. Boynton
- Jeffrey S. Cook
- Jay A. Herbst
- Brian J. Kingsley
- James J. Majernik
- William C. Schaefer
- Mark Kelley Schwartz
- Richard B. Tomlinson
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.