Mark E. Mueller
I advise business owners, managers and investors on a wide range of legal issues from the original formation and governing structure of new businesses, buying or selling a business, contractual arrangements between partners, and evaluating and negotiating deals with vendors and customers.
I also advise individuals on estate planning and post-mortem estate administration.
- Automotive stamping and assembly
- Tool and Die
- Plastic Injection molding
- Health Care
- Real Estate Development
Fall 2008 - Provided legal opinions to JP Morgan Chase bank regarding perfection and enforceability of security agreements and mortgages of Michigan properties in a major ($500 Million+) refinancing transaction
Winter 2009 - Represented buyer in $3,500,000 purchase of a 70,000 square foot manufacturing facility.
Winter 2009 - Represented seller in the sale of a plastics recycling business.
Spring 2009 - Currently serving as counsel for trustees to administer several multi-million dollar estates.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Tax Planning
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certificate of completion, Probate & Estate Planning Program, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Co-sponsored by the Probate & Estate Planning Section, State bar of Michigan, 2008
- Michigan, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1992
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: Moot Court
- Honors: Bronze Key Recipient
- Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- B.A. - 1986
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Philosophy
- University of Florida - 1986
- Honors: Fellow, Center for Applied Philosophy & Ethics in the Professions
- Defending the Bankruptcy Preference Claim - a Quick Primer, The Michigan Business Law Journal, Fall, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of "AV"
- Named a 2010 "Top Lawyer" in metro Detroit by dBusiness magazine, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Member, 1992 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law, Member, 1992 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Tax Law, Member, 1992 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Real Property Law, Member, 1992 - Present
- State Bar of Michigan, Probate & Estate Planning, Member, 1992 - Present