Laurence S. Schultz
Mr. Schultz graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 1965 and is licensed to practice in Michigan and previously in Illinois. He specializes in corporate and securities matters, with specific emphasis on securities litigation and arbitration.
In September 2015 the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan selected Mr. Schultz as the recipient of the Stephen H. Schulman Outstanding Business Lawyer Award for 2015. The Award, given annually, seeks to honor the Michigan business lawyer who, over his or her career, consistently exemplifies the characteristics the Section seeks to foster and facilitate, namely: the highest quality of professionalism, the highest quality of practice, an unwavering dedication to service, as well as to ethical conduct and collegiality within the practice.
Mr. Schultz is a past chairperson of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan and a past member of the council of that section, currently serving ex-officio. Mr. Schultz is past chairperson of the Michigan Securities Law Advisory Committee. He has served as an arbitrator for the New York Stock Exchange and the National Association of Securities Dealers and currently is an arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. He served as President of the Public Investors Arbitrator Bar Association in 2007 and also served as a Director of that organization.
Mr. Schultz has lectured for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education, the State Bar of Michigan, the Detroit Bar Association and the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association concerning securities regulation and arbitration. He has authored several articles and is a contributing author to the Securities Law Manual for Michigan Practitioners, 1st Edition 1983 and 2nd Edition 1994, published by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. Mr. Schultz is listed in Who's Who in American Lawyers and in Marquis Who's Who.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Securities Arbitration
- Commercial Litigation
- Illinois, 1966
- Michigan, 1967
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 1965
- Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- B.A. - 1962
- "Limited Partnership Real Estate Syndications—Securities Law Compliance", The Detroit Lawyer, Vol. 42, No. 9.
- Contributing Author, "Michigan Securities Regulation", The Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2nd Edition, 1994
Honors and Awards
- Who's Who in American Lawyers
- Marquis Who's Who
- 2015 Stephen H. Schulman Outstanding Business Lawyer Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section, Past Chairperson
- State Bar of Michigan, Business Law Section, Past Council Member, currently Ex-Officio
- Michigan Securities Law Advisory Committee, Past Chairperson
- New York Stock Exchange, Past Arbitrator
- National Association of Securities Dealers, Past Arbitrator
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Current Arbitrator
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association, Past President and Director
- Phi Delta Phi